Annual Spring Rummage Sale
The Village of Howard coordinates a Community Rummage Sale annually in May. The 2021 Community Rummage Sale is May 7-8.
Registered Howard households that have sales during the official advertised times (8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday) are listed on the official Howard Community Rummage Sale map. Extended days and hours are welcome and encouraged! NOTE: The registration deadline has now passed, and the maps have been printed. No sales can be added to or removed from the map at this point.
Printed maps are available at Howard Village Hall and Kimps Ace Hardware during normal business hours.
Be sure to visit the Howard Community Rummage Sale Facebook event page.
Tips for hosting a sale during the pandemic:
- If possible, put sale items outside instead of inside a garage.
- Set up tables and chairs six feet apart.
- Space and display items in a way that allows room for shoppers to browse at a distance from each other.
- Place posters on your property encouraging social distancing.
- Use tape to form a flow for customers to follow throughout the sale.
- Ask customers to stand in a spaced out line during high traffic times.
- Routinely clean and sanitize tables, chairs, and the items that are being sold.
- Wear a mask whenever shoppers are present.
- Have hand sanitizer available and use it between customers and after handling money.